The ASABE CA/NV Section Student Rally is going live in Davis, CA!
Student Rally Program and Information:
- Student Rally Program with Bios and Maps
- Key Contacts and Addresses
- Welcome letter from UC Davis Bio & Agricultural Engineering Department, Distinguished Professor and Chair, Dr. Bryan Jenkins
- Interim Rally Officer Team/Position Descriptions (To be Posted)
- Rally Bylaws (Ratified 1-19-2020)
- Participant List as of 1/17/2020
- Restaurant Recommendations in Davis, CA
- Benefits of ASABE Membership
- Sponsors List and Information
This event would not have been possible without the support of our sponsors. Please read more about them on the organizational links below:
For last minute registration, contact Section Chair, Hossein Edalati (ahedalati at gmail.com and 530/220-2489).
What is a Student Rally?
The Student Rally is a integral part of many other ASABE section and regions. It is an enriching experience and provides students with opportunities to:
- Learn more about Agricultural and Biological Engineering, what it means to be an Ag and Bio Engineer, and the diversity of disciplines and career opportunities;
- Network with other students as well as with members in different stages of their careers;
- Get more active in ASABE at the chapter, section, regional, and national levels, and take on positions of leadership;
- See and experience other schools; and
- Visit local agricultural and biological museums, research laboratories and facilities, companies, and other interesting sites.
The hope is that adopting an annual Student Rally will help our Section will demonstrate the value of Society membership to student and non-student membrs alike, help with membership retention and growth, cultivate future leaders, and promote a stronger more active Section in general.
How did this idea come about?
The Student Rally has been more than a year in the works. After applying for Initiative Funding to ASABE National, our Section was awarded $30,000 over 2 years to help bring the Rally to fruition. For more information, please read the Sections Initiative Fund Proposal and 1st Progress Report to ASABE National.
What will students do at the Rally?
Students will have the opportunity to network with other student and professional ASABE members; participate in fun and valuable activities such as academic and industry panels, tours of historic California Ag landmarks, an engineering design competition, and several Business Meetings; and get involved in ASABE leadership at the section level.
Optional Day (Friday, Jan 17th): Friday activities are optional and attendance is highly encouraged but not required. Activities will include tours of the UC READ Facility, the RMI Winery/Brewer, Bowling/Pizza, and snacky hour.
Day 1 (Sat, Jan 18th): UC Davis Campus and Bio & Agricultural Engineering Department tours, Lunch, Keynote Speech, Order of the Engineer induction (optional), Trivia, Engineering Design Competition, Dinner, Career Panel, and Business Meeting.
Day 2 (Sun, Jan 19th): Travel to Sacramento, CA to tour California Safe Soils. Then off to Lodi, CA for lunch, tour of Ag Industrial Manufacturing, exploring the San Joaquin Valley Museum and Micke Grove Park, and finally Dinner followed by Business Meeting.
Day 3 (Mon, Jan 20th): Travel to Vacaville, CA to the Solano Valley Irrigation District Office for technical talks by representatives from SVID, USDA NRCS, Banks Integration, and Genentech, followed by closing statements and lunch.