American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
- Date: Wednesday, February 12th, 2020 (during the World Ag Expo)
- Time: 5:00 – 8:30 p.m
- Southern California Edison’s Energy Education Center
- 4175 South Laspina (across from the World Ag Expo)
- Tulare, California 93274
- Ticket Cost: $35 for members/guests, $12 for students
- 5:00 PM Poster Competition and Reception
- 6:00 PM Dinner
- 6:30 PM Business Meeting
- 7:00 PM ASABE Past President: Maury Salz
- 7:20 PM Keynote Speech
- Title: Indoor Farming: A field of opportunity
- Speaker: Dr. Nadia Sabeh (President and Founder, Dr. Greenhouse, Inc.)
- Description: When Dr. Nadia Sabeh was a high school senior, she took physics to get out of school early. Then she discovered Biosystems Engineering at UC Davis and was soon enraptured by agriculture, mushroom farming, greenhouses, and HVAC. Today she’s recognized as a world-renowned expert and leader in her field, as she helps indoor farmers grow plants locally and precisely in a controlled environment. She’ll share her story and hopefully, inspire others to help farmers face the challenges of feeding 9 Billion.
- 8:10 PM Closing Comments
- 8:15 PM Adjourn
STUDENT POSTER COMPETITION
The student poster competition will begin promptly at 5PM. Guests will have time to view posters for 30 minutes, after which voting will determine the winners. We will be awarding prizes for first place ($250) and second place ($100) in both the undergraduate and graduate student categories. Winners must be present to receive their award. Please limit your tri-fold poster size to 36”Hx48”W or flat posters to 34”Hx44”W. Tables will be available. If your poster requires an easel, or backing for stability, please provide it. Thank you to our student dinner sponsors. If you would like to become a student sponsor, please contact Hossein Edalati at (530) 220-2489 or email@example.com
Please RSVP to Traeger Cotten (contact info below) by mail or email no later than February 7th. Payment will be accepted at the door. Please make checks payable to “ASABE CA/NV Section”.
Dinner: “Mexican Fiesta” includes Beef Enchiladas, Chili Verde, Steak Ranchera, Chicken Oregatino, Green Salad, Refried, Beans, Spanish Rice, Tortillas, Salsa, Dessert, and Beverages.